Washington Youth Soccer – I manage the entire website, including feature pages, blog posts, and more. I also manage the Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram accounts, an audience of over 20,000 across networks.
EA SPORTS FIFA. I was responsible for cross-channel copy marketing the FIFA series of games, the best-selling sports video game franchise in history. Worked on the full launch and season-long marketing campaign for FIFA 18 (over 24 million copies sold) and the 2018 World Cup add-on that was released alongside the tournament, as well as full launch/post-launch marketing for FIFA 19.
Select EA SPORTS FIFA blog posts:
- 19 Reasons to Play FIFA 19
- New Kick-Off Mode in FIFA 19
- FIFA 19 Gameplay: Active Touch
- Getting Started with FIFA Ultimate Team
- FUT Champions Cup Manchester Recap
- Profile of DhTekKz, Winner of FUT Champions Cup Barcelona
1st Party Blog Posts (Sony, Microsoft, Nintendo):
Sounder at Heart, SB Nation’s Sounders’ blog. I was a beat reporter covering the Seattle Sounders soccer team from 2015-2017. Covered Sounders training sessions and matches, writing features interviewing coaches and players, blogging on breaking news, editing fellow writers, and other content creation, all for SB Nation’s Sounder at Heart blog. Assisted with social media (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram), including live-tweeting matches, engaging with readers, and more.
- Your Guide To Seattle, From HSBC and BBC StoryWorks
- Reporting for WeWork’s Town Hall series
- Feature for From Day One from their Seattle Conference: “Why Workers Want to Have an Impact Beyond Profits”
- What Happened To This Cult Leader’s Lost Treasure, at Atlas Obscura
- How Alex Jones Uses Fear of the Government to Sell Diet Supplements, at VICE’s Motherboard
- Tracking Downs Seattle’s Mysterious Severed Foot, at Pacific Standard
- Your Friendly Guide to Nootropics, at VICE’s Motherboard
- Iconic Celebrations, for Howler Magazine, Spring 2015 Issue
- What to Eat if You Want to Live Forever, at VICE Motherboard
- A Writing Kibbutz? Deca Builds A Journalism Co-op, at the Freelancer
- Seattle Sounders assistant coach Djimi Traore, at Sounder at Heart
- Jeff Emtman, producer of the podcast “Here Be Monsters”, at the Freelancer
- David Plotz’s 76 Ways To Make Money in Digital Media, at the Freelancer
- Pulitzer Prize-winning journalist Michael Berens of the Seattle Times, at the Freelancer
- Rob Hart, prize-winning photojournalist formerly of the Chicago Sun-Times, at the Freelancer
- What You Need To Know About The Innovative Insurance Plan from the Freelancers Union
- Freelancer Quandary: When Is It Ok To Barter?